cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2 USB_v2 stacks

panpwr
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am trying to port my system from Kinetis-K60 to use K66 (I am using TWRK65F180M as a reference). In order to use this tower board, I've needed to upgrade to MQX4.2.

According to the MQX4.2 release notes, a new USB stack (v2) has been added for use with TWRK65F180M (I am using USB host).

My questions:

1. Must I start using the USB_v2 stack with K66, or can I still use the legacy stack?
  2. If this is not a must - what are the advantages of doing so?
  3. How do I port the USB stack to USB_v2? Is there any porting guide available?
  4. Please notice that USB_v2 projects don't have any build files for cw10gcc as exist in all other projects (bsp, psp, mfs, rtcs, usb, etc....). is there any specific reason for that?

Thanks,

Lior.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello panpwr,

Please check the attached documents,

USB_Unified_Stack_User_Guide: This document provides the detailed difference between old USB stack in MQX™ RTOS and new USB Unified stack, so that the audience is able to understand the unified USB stack better.

USB_Stack_Porting_User_Guide: This document provides the detailed steps to port the USB unified Stack to a new platform.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

panpwr
Contributor IV

Thank you Sol,

Now I understand the differences between the old and the new unified stack.

However, few still questions remain unanswered:

1. Must I start using the USB_v2 stack with K66, or can I still use the legacy stack? There is no compatible folder in the legacy USB host tree for my board (as exist for K60, i.e. usbh_twrk60d100m) - does it mean that the legacy stack doesn't support K65 (or K66 in my case)?
  2. Please notice that USB_v2 projects don't have any build files for cw10gcc as exist in all other projects (bsp, psp, mfs, rtcs, usb, etc....). is there any specific reason for that? Does it mean that the new unified USB stack is not meant for use with Codewarrior?
  3. How do I port the USB stack to USB_v2? Is there any porting guide available (from old USB to the new unified stack)? The attached porting guide explain how to port the NEW stack between different platforms, not from existing old application to use the new stack. Must I write my application from scratch using the new API?

Thank you,

Lior.

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello panpwr,

1. Legacy USB stack doesn’t support K65. You can  migrate the legacy USB stack to the new USB_V2stack. The USB_V2 stack can run on different RTOS with the same USB core code. In my opinion I suggest you to use the USB_V2 stack.

2. Unfortunately it is right, however you can use other IDE's like KDS, Keil, IAR.

KDS is free and you can download it from the next link: Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

3. Please check the USB_Stack_Porting_User_Guide that I attached previously.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

I am using IAR workbench 7.50, and there is no workspace for building the USB_V2 in the IAR tools, guess I will have to look to the porting guide too...

0 Kudos

RichardR
Contributor IV

No workspace, but I did find the IAR project, so will give that  try.

0 Kudos