Does Networking uses DMA Module???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Networking uses DMA Module???

JaimeR
Contributor III

I am using the Web HVAC demo to develope an application. In this application I am reading pulses using the DMA Input Capture function. The problem is the following:

When HVAC task is commented I can read the pulses properly but when HVAC task is not commented the interrupts from DMA Timers are never triggered.

I know the problem is not RAM, then, I dont know what could be happening. Any ideas?

Tnx

0 Kudos
4 Replies

JaimeR
Contributor III

I am sorry, this is my first project with an OS and I am not familiar with asigning priorities, is there a section of the MQXRM or MQXUG that deals with priority asigning? , I mean, are there rules to follow or is it just a matter of feeling??

0 Kudos

EAI
Contributor IV
The HVAC_task does a lot of polling, you probably want it as a lower priority (higher number).
0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaime,

Sounds like you might need to play around with the priority levels of your tasks.

I've seen that is priorities are not correct, a task can end up blocked.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

It may also be that you are out of processing speed. If your input capture compare is to fast, its possible that it will not get time to service the input before the next input is triggered. We run a siren of an 8 bit processor while decoding a receiver and have had this problem.

As was said above, try setting your input capture to a very high priority, otherwise, you may be left with no other option other than to either slow down your input capture rat, which is often not even possible. Maybe you will need a dedicated 8 bit processor externally to process high speed data...

Just some idea's....

0 Kudos