cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Cloning Wizard issue generating projects

albertopr
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried cloning a BSP and I keep always receiving console error messages when the application tries to Generate MQX Projects (so no proper cloning done).

The error messages starts with:

Generating: BSP for cw10gcc

Can't open nul: No such file or directory

and always finishes with:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\tools\generator\..\CodeWarriorNPW\twrk60bspClone_32.reg (El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada)

a translation for last part of the error message could be something like (System cannot find specified path).

I have tried reinstalling all the components but the behaviour is exactly the same.

My system runs MQX 4.1 with CW 10.5 on a Windows 7 machine with Java 7.
The same software installed and running on a Win XP computer works fine.

Does anyone has an idea about why is it happening and a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Alberto.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alberto,

It is possible that something in your installation is wrong, could you try the below steps??

1. uninstall MQX
  2. erase manually the MQX folder
  3. install again MQX
  4. follow the video attached

I hope this helps

Saludos

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

albertopr
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Soledad.

I followed carefully those steps but the problem still stays there.

I had tried before deleting all Freescale folders and I even tried to find a wrong windows register, but I didn't succeed fixing the problem.

The cloning application keeps failing in building all mqx libraries (/build) and other folders (like examples folders)

It seems like if something went wrong during the first installation and it stays there no matter what...

0 Kudos

hengguangyang
Contributor III

I also encount the same issue and don't know how to slove it.

I'm using the newest MQX 4.1.1 with CW 10.6 on a  Win7 machine.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileysad:

0 Kudos

albertopr
Contributor II

Hi Yang,

As far as I know the problem was not fixed, reinstalling CW or MQX did not work for me.

My "solution" was to use another system or reinstall from 0 the OS  if I wanted to use BSP Clone or another tool like mktfs.

Alberto

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Rename file globals.yml to globals_full.yml fix it.

Refer to

MQX 4.1.1 BSP Cloning Wizard bug and fix (globals_full.yml not found)

Alice.

0 Kudos

hengguangyang
Contributor III

Hi  Alberto,

I have solved the problem by copied globals.yml to globals_full.yml  in path \Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\tools\generator\records\mqx_records.

I don't know why but it acting. Hope it useful for you.

Hengguang

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yang,

If your problem haven't solved ,you'd better ask a new discussion in  the community ,because this discussion's time is far back and is Assumed Answered ,  the discussion is see at  very small  probability.

Alice

0 Kudos