the type of signaling of fault events from FCCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the type of signaling of fault events from FCCU

shaoduoduo
Contributor I

FCCU have  74 faults on the MPC57xx devices by default. The  type of recover for NonCritical Faults have two kinds as Hardware-recoverable fault and Software-recoverable .

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to determine what type of errors these are.Is there a document that tells me what type of errors these are?

shaoduoduo_0-1710732264701.png

What happens if I set it up wrong.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to determine what type of errors these are.Is there a document that tells me what type of errors these are?

Well, this is determined by the standard (for example ISO26262) you are following and the safety strategy you will apply in your safety specification.

Such settings will be unique for each design.

Hardware- recoverable faults should be configured only if a previous latching stage captures and holds the physical fault; otherwise, the fault can be lost. All other faults should be configured as software faults.

Hardware-recoverable faults are self-recovered (status flag clearing and related) if the root cause (input fault) has been removed.
Software-recoverable faults are recovered (status flag clearing) by software clearing of the related status flag.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

shaoduoduo
Contributor I

Thank you.I know what you say.But What are the specific types of so many errors? For example,the error which FCCU Internal self-test input  triggered by a failing ADC self-test is Hardware-recoverable or Software-recoverable   ??

Best regards,

Shao

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Again this is application specific.

ADC self test can fail because of glitch in its reference voltage for example. (induction or so).

This event will disappear  when voltage get to normal. So you will redo test and it will pass successfully.

Said so, the failure has recovered and there is no need for software intervention on clearing the fault.

You need to analyze every fault relevant for your application and device which can be recovered by HW.

Or set all to SW, and take care of them in SW.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos