functional reset too many times casue program crash down.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functional reset too many times casue program crash down.

Contributor I

I have a boot & app project base on S32R274, I implement the jump between the app and boot program using the way that writing the key word to SRAM and functional reset. In the app program, I can input the ‘reboot’ command to reboot the program(that use the functional reset to reboot), the program will reset to the boot program part.

Then I found a strange phenomenon, once I input the 'reboot' command 7 times,then the program will crash down, functional reset fail, the program jump to nowhere. In fact the program crash down in 14th functional reset, I guess it cause by register overflow, but I dont know which one cause that.

This picture show the last one step before the program crash down.

Screenshot_2.png

This picture show the program crash down, program jump to nowhere.

Screenshot_3.png

Another experiment, I remove the boot program, system only run the app program, then the system never crash down when functional reset.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Maybe I found what cause that BUG, I check the  <S32R274 Reference Manual > , then I found the content about  <‘Functional’ reset escalation >

image.png
 Screenshot_4.png

the RGM_FRET. FRET initial value is 0xF, that means the system will reset from PHASE0 when the system has do the functional reset 0xF times, this reset progress same with destructive reset.

I check the register state when the program crash down, the F_EDR bit set to 1, that means functional reset ecalation has occurred. So the system crash down caused by the functional reset ecalation.

image.png

For this end, I do another experiment, System will do destructive reset when I input ‘reboot’ command, I found system won't crash down anymore.

image.png

What's difference with the functional reset ecalation and destructive reset?

PS: Forgiven my poor English

0 Kudos
0 Replies