cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cse secureboot mpc5777C

Othmane1
Contributor II

Hi,

I need someone to explain to me how exactly the secureboot command will be executed during reset as it was mentioned in the datasheet:

Othmane1_0-1708700433201.png

from what i understand through going though the reference manual + some application notes:

• the secureboot command can be executed by the BAM right?Othmane1_1-1708700601228.png
  • the DCF records for the secureboot configuration is done in the factory and cannot be changed right?Othmane1_5-1708700747043.png

• When i try to view the UTEST area i couldn't find any Record for that secureboot configuration Othmane1_6-1708700850077.png

• what should i do if i want the secureboot command to be executed automatically after every reset ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Othmane1 

Secure boot is enabled on all production devices. And parallel boot mode is selected. This is configured in NXP factory by DCF record and it cannot be changed. The DCF record is not visible in the memory map, it's hidden for user.

The device is configured in a way that SECURE_BOOT command is always executed by CSE during reset. If the BOOT_MAC_KEY is empty that nothing will happen and the process is just finished.

To make it working:
1. It is necessary to program DCF records to define start address and size for secure boot:

lukaszadrapa_0-1709036133430.png

This DCF configurator could help:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx-Knowledge-Base/MPC5777C-DCF-Configurator/ta-p/1104470

2. Load MASTER_ECU_KEY and BOOT_MAC_KEY by using LOAD_KEY command

3. Power cycle the device. The CSE will automatically calculate MAC of defined area and it will be stored automatically to BOOT_MAC slot. Afte next reset, you can just check CSE status register if secure boot was successful or not.

And notice that there's following erratum which is important in case you want to calculate the BOOT_MAC by yourself:

lukaszadrapa_1-1709036152674.png

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/MPC5777C_3N45H.pdf

Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos