Where do I find the example code or demo project about MPC5645S?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the example code or demo project about MPC5645S?

Jump to solution
fatsnyang
Contributor I

I'm working on a digital instrument cluster ver2.0 project now.

Get  freescale's instrument cluster demo project is very good,

Get some peripheral's(SPI FLASH, DMA, UART, etc) drivers and example projects is good.

And, the matter is how can I use a SPI Flash as system external memory for  storing / loading image data?

( SYSTEM HAS NOT EXTERNAL DRAM)

(use CodeWarrior)

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MPC5645S has QuadSPI module that can be used to connect external serial flash to store images. Data in external flash are available directly in memory map because the read access automatically triggers appropriate command sequence for read. See please reference manual for more details.

I can provide simple example that shows how to erase/write/read the external QSPI flash - see attachment. It is written for MPC5606S which has QSPI module too.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MPC5645S has QuadSPI module that can be used to connect external serial flash to store images. Data in external flash are available directly in memory map because the read access automatically triggers appropriate command sequence for read. See please reference manual for more details.

I can provide simple example that shows how to erase/write/read the external QSPI flash - see attachment. It is written for MPC5606S which has QSPI module too.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
fatsnyang
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for helpping.

I find that use SPI flash to store images will be a hardly work.

So, I would like reduce  the BPP of  images to keep them stay in the internal flash..

Thans a lot.

0 Kudos