cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolver sin and cos signal not perfect circuit from etpu output

Jump to solution
Harry0001
Contributor II

I get the resolver feedback sin and cos signal and process them as the following imag,however it is not a perfect circuit.I get the sin and cos from the etpu module and its resolver output.Who can tell me how to adjust some parmeter to let it perfect circuit.Thanks!  

sin and cos round.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yongbing_Nan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

This is an observation error, which is caused by the unequal ratio of the X axis and the Y axis. The radius of the unit circle in the figure below is equal. it's a perfect circle.

Yongbing_Nan_0-1675912934996.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yongbing_Nan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

This is an observation error, which is caused by the unequal ratio of the X axis and the Y axis. The radius of the unit circle in the figure below is equal. it's a perfect circle.

Yongbing_Nan_0-1675912934996.png

0 Kudos
Harry0001
Contributor II

Thanks!Exactly!

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For first look output from resolver seems like and ellipse then circle, but on the image there is evident difference in the axes diameters. The on eon X is not equal to one on Y axis.

There should be symmetric grid on both axis.

Another reason for experiencing such behavior is different gain of end stages for professing of signals of resolver.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Harry0001
Contributor II

Could you tell me the specify gain parameters which can be used to adjust the circuit shape?

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please specify which device and which eTPU library are you referring to?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Harry0001
Contributor II
MPC5777C
ETPU version 1.2
resolver_etpu version 1.75
0 Kudos