cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Latest MPC5777CEVBUG Document, Please

jorgemartinez7
Contributor II

Hi,
I need to use this EVB but for me seems the available user manual is outdated, or there is something wrong with the jumper definitions. Please let me know where I can find the correct EVB user manual or correct jumper configuration for the EVB versions we currently have.

I typically assumed the boards should be shipped with a default configuration on its jumpers. But I want to make sure the jumpers are set as the documentation requires it. The documentation does not perfectly match with the available jumpers and the default setting of some of the available jumpers do not match with the EVB user manual revision 0.

Here are the specific details:
1. The Hardware we are using:
1.1.1. Daughter board: 700-28088 REV C, SCH-28088 REV D
1.1.2. Mother board: 700-27237 REV D, SCH-27237 REV C
2. The used EVB user manual:
Document Number: MPC5777CEVBUG Rev. 0, 08/2015
It was downloaded from: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MPC5777CEVBUG.pdf
There is no newer version available.
3. The errors/discrepancies I found between the EVB HW and EVB user manual are listed here:
3.1. In the daughter board: MPC5777C-516DS the jumpers: J18, J24, J17, J19 and J513 are set for EXTERNAL according to: Table 9: MCU power selection jumpers, but the jumper: J20 was shipped with the default setting: 2-3 for LV Linear Regulator, which is meant for the LDO3V. This means the default configuration was incorrect.
3.2. I did not find the jumpers: J5, J14 and J21. This is for me an indication that most likely newer revisions of this EVB had many modifications on the jumpers.
3.3. The following default settings on the daughter board were incorrect according to the EVB user manual revision 0:
3.3.1. For J3 labeled: "IO Levels in the Mother Board - VDD_HV_IO_MAIN": The actual board setting is: <1-2> but it should be set: <2-3: Select 5V*> this means the default jumper setting on the shipped board does not match with the expected default setting indicated by the EVB user manual.
3.3.2. For J15 labeled: "RAM Standby supply selection -VSTBY": The actual board setting is: <1-2> but it should be set: <5-3: Select GND*> this means the default jumper setting on the shipped board does not match with the expected default setting indicated by the EVB user manual.
3.3.3. For J16 labeled: "SMPS Driver Supply Selection - VDDPWR": The actual board setting is: <3-5> but it should be set: <2-3: Select 5V*> this means the default jumper setting on the shipped board does not match with the expected default setting indicated by the EVB user manual.
3.3.4. For J24 labeled: "Medium I/O Pads supply selection – VDDEH3A": The actual board setting is: <open> but it should be set: <2-3: Select 5V*> this means the default jumper setting on the shipped board does not match with the expected default setting indicated by the EVB user manual.
3.3.5. For J26 labeled: "Connect Flash Core Supply - VDDFLA": The actual board setting is: <2-3> but it should be set: <1-2: Connect VDDFLA to 3.3V_SR> this means the default jumper setting on the shipped board does not match with the expected default setting indicated by the EVB user manual.

2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I am afraid no other user manual exists.

I am attaching schematics for your boards' revisions.

Hope it helps

jorgemartinez7
Contributor II

Thank you very much for the help.

0 Kudos