Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine check exceptions (IVOR1)in MPC5748G

Jump to solution
rohitv
Contributor II

Hi everybody!

I encounter situations where a machine check exception results in the program getting stuck in IVOR1_Vector which has no implementation, this exception occurs when it is writing into the Control Status Register. for reference, I have attached a image.

And the error it gives is No source available for IVOR1_handler.

Any information and tips would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.
Rohit

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rohitv
Contributor II

Hello,

Issue : I encountered an issue while configuring the eMIOS timer module for PWM generation in NXP MPC5748G with AUTOSAR 4.0 MCAL. The MCAL generation resulted in an "IVOR1_handler source not found" error and register access errors during debugging.

Solution : Switching to NXP MPC5748G with AUTOSAR 4.3 MCAL resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rohitv
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the solution, and I have another question just like IVOR1_Handeler, I am now facing IVOR6_Handler().
And the error it shows is No source available for "IVOR6_Handler() at 0x1002be0"

Best Regards.
Rohit

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

IVOR6 is usually called when you execute instruction which is not correct. For example if your code ends up in reserved memory / unimplemented / or not initialized one.

See core manual for more details:

petervlna_0-1711611877922.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

That is correct. Machine check should end up in IVOR_1 vector.

petervlna_0-1711535867606.png

And the error it gives is No source available for IVOR1_handler.

Hmm, it looks like you are missing source file link in your debug session. Nothing critical, you will just see assembly code instead.

Debug the code, to see if you have access to the register you are trying to write from requesting master.

Just step the code in assembly and you will find the root cause in no time.

The register is clocked, and set correctly, right?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
rohitv
Contributor II

Hello Peter,

The both registers (eMIOS_Cn , eMIOS_Sn) have Read and Write access but still its giving IVOR1 Interrupt, What might be the reason for this issue.   

0 Kudos
rohitv
Contributor II

Hello Peter,

Need one more help as I am working on MPC5748g, and I am trying to configure Center Aligned Output Pulse Width Modulation with Dead Time

Insertion Buffered (OPWMCB) Mode through eMIOS_0 module, but i am facing some issue related to IVOR1 when writing to register which has read and write access.

I have attached an image to your reference. 

Thanks and Regards.
Rohit Veer
0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Its not possible to say why IVOR is called from screenshot.

This require debugging to see what instruction is causing the issue.

To me it seems like you do not have clocked eMIOS in your current RUN mode.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
rohitv
Contributor II

Hello,

Issue : I encountered an issue while configuring the eMIOS timer module for PWM generation in NXP MPC5748G with AUTOSAR 4.0 MCAL. The MCAL generation resulted in an "IVOR1_handler source not found" error and register access errors during debugging.

Solution : Switching to NXP MPC5748G with AUTOSAR 4.3 MCAL resolved the problem.

0 Kudos