MPC5748G chip is stuck after repeated soft restart

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G chip is stuck after repeated soft restart

Jump to solution
Contributor III

I'm using MPC5748G 176QFP and it freezes after more than 200 soft restarts.After measurement, reset pin number.Chip 29 is low level. After power off and restart, reset pin 29 will restore high level and chip will resume working.I want the chip to still work after many soft reboots.Is there a solution?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The reason will be probably due to feature newly introduced with MPC57xx devices - it is called 'Functional' Reset Escalation and 'Destructive' Reset Escalation (MC_RGM_FRET and MC_RGM_DRET) and it causes that after predefined number of functional reset, destructive reset happen and after predefined number of destructive resets, device will stay in reset until next POR.

By default both sets to 16, it means after 256 resets, device stays in reset until POR.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you write to RGM_FRET during device init, counter gets cleared and reset escalation does not happen.

davidtosenovjan_0-1632729994651.png

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The reason will be probably due to feature newly introduced with MPC57xx devices - it is called 'Functional' Reset Escalation and 'Destructive' Reset Escalation (MC_RGM_FRET and MC_RGM_DRET) and it causes that after predefined number of functional reset, destructive reset happen and after predefined number of destructive resets, device will stay in reset until next POR.

By default both sets to 16, it means after 256 resets, device stays in reset until POR.

Contributor III

Thank you for your help,It was very useful to me

0 Kudos
Contributor III

Thanks for your help, I will try according to your method

0 Kudos