cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G, Serial boot

MichaelSun
Contributor I

Hi Support team,

I have used MPC5604 before. If i want to enter the serial boot mode, i have to set the Pin correctly.

MichaelSun_0-1685583456984.png

But now when i check the MPC5748G RM,  i didn't see any chapter describes how to set the Pin to enter the serial boot mode.

Also,i see the branch when i can enter the serial boot mode.  Does it mean i don't need to set the external pin ?

MichaelSun_1-1685583646938.png

Another question : If i understand correctly, does it mean if i set the the lifecycle to "In field" , i cannot enter serial boot mode any more ? So, i cannot use "Rappid bootloader" to download the code to internal SRAM ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

But now when i check the MPC5748G RM, i didn't see any chapter describes how to set the Pin to enter the serial boot mode.

No such pin is present anymore.

petervlna_0-1685602047217.png

Does it mean i don't need to set the external pin ?

No external pin is needed / present on this device. See description above.

If i understand correctly, does it mean if i set the the lifecycle to "In field" , i cannot enter serial boot mode any more ?

petervlna_1-1685602275885.png

Yes, you cannot.

So, i cannot use "Rappid bootloader" to download the code to internal SRAM ?

Hmm, Rappid bootloader is (flash resident bootloader) running from internal Flash if I am correct. So you will boot from internal flash and then your bootloader will take care of update via serial interface.

It is much better to use resident bootloader then this serial boot. Also necessary for in field, where you need to do SW updates.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

MichaelSun
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply!  I have an another question.

When i use MPC5604, i can set my own private password.

When i check the RM of MPC5748, i see "During the serial boot, the password check is always compared with the public password".

So, MPC5748 cannot do the similar things?

MichaelSun_1-1685608832688.png

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

MPC5748G has different security scheme. It imply PASS module for such purpose.

Please refer to reference manual PASS chapter.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos