cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G ENET

Jump to solution
sondre89
Contributor II

Hello! Is there any examples or documents where I can find information on how to configure and use ENET on MPC5748G?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kushalshah
Contributor II

Hi alextimpau​, here is the code.

It is targeted to NXP X-MPC574xG-Mother board and Daughter card board. And this project is made using S32 Design Studio for Power.

It will toggle LED DS2 when it receives the data.

You can use Packet Sender app for this.

Finally it sends packets using UDP protocol.

View solution in original post

54 Replies
Frank_Jianpeng_Zhao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can  refer to the MPC5748G-GW-RDB reference design-Example Codes-User Guide on https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MPC5748G-GW-RDB%E2%80%8B-ECUG.pdf pastedImage_2.png

The example project code : MPC5748G Secure Ethernet Gateway reference design | NXP pastedImage_4.png

Best Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
paulsajanpeter
Contributor I

Has anyone integrated any of the example mentioned here in GHS environment ?

0 Kudos
paulsajanpeter
Contributor I

The integration has been done and I figured out the issue. I post my answer here so that it may help someone else too.

The problem I was facing in the GHS environment when I used Ethernet_udp_S32DS.zip example was that the IVOR4_Handler was not linked and the linker always said could not identify this symbol.

The issue was with intc_sw_handlers.S file. The extension of this file "S" was detected as a text file in MULTI editor from GHS.

Soltuion : rename the file extension in smaller case as intc_sw_handlers.s and then the editor detected it as assembly file. Now the proejct  compiles and links atleast.

0 Kudos
陈简陈
Contributor III

pastedImage_1.png

I use the S32 Design Studio for PA 2017.R1

0 Kudos
陈简陈
Contributor III

yueli‌  pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
陈简陈
Contributor III

@Yue Li  Why did this error occur in the compilation? How to solve this mistake?

0 Kudos
陈简陈
Contributor III

yueli I use LWIP UDP routine

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
alexvinchev
Contributor V

ENC28J60 is Ethernet controller from Microchip, it has nothing in common with the X-MPC574xG EVB. I guess that Yue Li reused code from somewhere...

0 Kudos
karthikrajan_na
Contributor I

Hi Alek, We are using EVB MPC5748G, we are able to establish Ethernet communication (UDP, TCP) with normal Ethernet frame but when we configured VLAN we see Ethernet MAC does not transmit Ethernet frames with VLAN info and ID. Instead it transmits VLAN frame as normal Ethernet frames (i.e. Ethernet MAC drops VLAN info present in the Transmit Buffer Ring). Do you know what could be the reason behind this?

0 Kudos
uma1
Contributor I

Dear Karthik,

How to configure VLAN and which project you used?

Regads,

Uma.

0 Kudos
hongsun
Contributor I

Hi. Karthik

I'm testing for realizing sending and receiving UDP package on MPC5748G with @ Kushal Shah's demo project, but I can not have any packages on PC and also have no inturrupts as breakpoints on MPC5748G.

Do you have any driver or projects for MPC5748G?

0 Kudos
yueli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have ported LWIP into MPC5748G project which used simple ethernet drivers including initialization, send package and receive package. Maybe you can have a reference.

Neil Li(李越)

xy1904312
Contributor I

Hi, Yue Li,

I followed your mpc5748g-ethernet-demo-user guide.pdf to practice mpc5748g-ethernet-LWIP-udp.rar

I didn't change codes in the project as well as the default IP & MAC.

Though it built in the board successfully, no message received when I used NetAsistant to send UDP packets. 

I tried to trace code by setting LEDs to check where is not executed in the program.

And found if (NetNIC_RevCheck()) cannot be access because the LED inside if cannot be traggled.

WHY the packets cannot be received and WHERE's wrong.

Hope someone gives help.

0 Kudos
jamesx
Contributor II

Hi Yue, 

I'm trying to build this project, everything goes fine after updating some include path from project settings. While it shows some errors when i try to debug it, as following - 

"Warning: Device is not detected or may be censored. Please check connections or please enter password in GDB server parameters within debug configurations using the flag -uncensorpassword=n, then restart the debug session"

I'm using the DEVKIT-MPC5748G for test, and using IDE: "S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture for Linux 1.2"

面向MPC574xG的DEVKIT评估板|NXP 

What should I do for this? Any helps will be appreciated!

Thanks,

-James

huqiang
Contributor IV

Hi, Neil

Thank you for your project.

But your project seems need another hardware named "enc28j60".

Can your project be tested if I only have X-MPC574xG-Mother board and Daughter card board?

Regards,

Qiang

0 Kudos
yueli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Qiang,

I just used X-MPC574xG-Mother board and Daughter card board.

Regards,

Neil

0 Kudos
alextimpau
Contributor III

Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot for your project!

Could you tell me how can I use your app to send a socket from MPC5748G and intercept it in WireShark ? I tried to activate LWIP_SOCKET but I have some errors. Please, if you can give me an example.

Best regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos
yueli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

You can see the attach file -- "mpc5748g-ethernet-demo-user guide.pdf". It will help you understand the demo and help you run the demo.

Best Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
stso
Contributor III

Hello Yue,

I tried to get your lwIP port wo work without success. I opened a thread (https://community.nxp.com/thread/434962 ) for it.

Would you mind to take a look ?

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
bdn
Contributor III

Hi yueli​,

thank you for your example project and user guide. It works for my setup (MPC574xG-MB + 176 DC).

Now I want to include your lwIP port to my existing project. This is what I did so far:

- copied the lwip-1.4.1

- copied the driver folder

- copied the header files from include folder

- added include paths (lwip-1.4.1/port, lwip-1.4.1/src/include and lwip-1.4.1/include/ipv4)

- added timer init and your timer ISR

Everything builds without errors but I don't get an UDP echo replied.

NetNIC_PhyInit(); replies 12040 (timeout). So I checked my timings and clocks. Mine are pretty similar to yours, but even if I copy your system160mhz() and PLL_160MHz() I run into the same errors. I checked MDC clock and it is at 2.5MHz. MDIO line shows traffic during init.

Do I miss anything? Or do you have any idea what i can check for troubleshooting?

Thank you for your efforts

Bernhard

0 Kudos