cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP will not compile with FreeRTOS

Jump to solution
MattJCole
Contributor V

I am Using S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture Version 2.1 with the MPC5748G_178 processor.

When I have the FreeRTOS and TCPIP module in the project and try to call the tcpip_init function I get the following compiler errors

Description Resource Path Location Type
undefined reference to `pvTaskGetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1348 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `pvTaskGetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1352 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `pvTaskGetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1359 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `pvTaskGetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1362 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `vTaskSetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1351 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `vTaskSetThreadLocalStoragePointer' api_lib.c /LwipWork_Z4_0/SDK/middleware/tcpip/lwip/src/api line 1362 C/C++ Problem

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MattJCole
Contributor V

Found the problem the FreeRTOS defaults to the wrong number of "Thread Local storage Pointers". By default it is set to 0. When set to 0 those function are not defined

errorFound.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MattJCole
Contributor V

Found the problem the FreeRTOS defaults to the wrong number of "Thread Local storage Pointers". By default it is set to 0. When set to 0 those function are not defined

errorFound.png