How to inject error to test BAM DISABLE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inject error to test BAM DISABLE

AdhamGad1
Contributor I

Can you please guide me to inject error in the BAM.

i already set the RAE BIT in SSCM ERROR REG.

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
6 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

davidtosenovjan_0-1648110741493.png

RM, section 2.4.5, described PACR/OPACR registers, what tells you which register is related to BAM.

Clearing of PBRIDGE_x_MPCR[MPLn] sets force “user mode” for particular master (this can be used for injecting of deny accesss by frocing of user mode).
Setting of PBRIDGE_x_MPCR[MPLn] means supervisor/user mode according to particular master’s setting.

If AIPS_x_PACRn[SPn] or AIPS_x_OPACRn[SPn] is set it means slave requires supervisor mode for accessing master and this can be achieved by AIPS_x_MPCR[MPLn] = 1 (+MSR[PR] = 0 in case this master is core).

If AIPS_x_PACRn[SPn] or AIPS_x_OPACRn[SPn] is cleared it means slave does not require supervisor mode for accessing master and thus AIPS_MPRA[MPLn] may be 0 (or MSR[PR] may be 1 in case this master is core).

After proper settings of that, setting of RAE bit enable exception response. Subsequently, access to affected area invoke access error.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Let me check - do you want to generate access error according access rights defined in PBRIDGE registers? Just guessing what you want to do..

0 Kudos

AdhamGad1
Contributor I

Yes i just want to inject error to ensure the behavior is correct 

0 Kudos

AdhamGad1
Contributor I

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport