Freemaster with MPC5643L_PMSM_Dual.pmp demo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster with MPC5643L_PMSM_Dual.pmp demo

jdeas117
Contributor I

I am having difficulty setting up the BLDC development kit demo in Freemaster while following the directions from the quick start guide. 

Com drivers are installed and I can verify that Freemaster can locate and connect to the development board at the specified 19200 Bd.

pastedImage_1.jpg

I have also located and installed the appropriate application software. In addition, have located the appropriate .pmp file for my kit.

pastedImage_2.jpg

Opening the file with Freemaster gives a missing definition error with using the last known address failing to give proper values.  The kit remains in its demo mode when connected and i am unable to interact with the kit using the software.  There is no .elf fine included in the application software for fix the missing definition error.  Have I missed anything?

pastedImage_3.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jdeas117
Contributor I

I have switched to  S32DS v 2.1 to see if i would have better luck.  I have imported the project and the build project and have it copied to the workspace. I run into the same error.  

pastedImage_1.jpg

pastedImage_2.jpg

pastedImage_3.jpg

0 Kudos

jdeas117
Contributor I

I have installed the recommended S32DS v 1.2 for power architecture as well as the GCC cross compiler.  Is rebuilding the project from a makefile project the right approach?    I am unable to build the project in it's current state.  Additionally, there is no elf file found in the file structure.

pastedImage_1.jpg

pastedImage_2.jpg

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

you can normally import project into workspace and then build the project. I do not have S32DS v1.2, so I just tested it in S32DS Power 2017 and it was builded successfully and elf was generated.

Refer to workspace as the original project is copied there by default.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as QSG mentioned in step 3 on page 7 you should update the kit with the downloaded application software.

So you have to compile the project within a S32DS and download code to the MCU. Also within FreeMASTER project's option you should point to generated elf file. 

BR, Petr

0 Kudos