Communication between cores in MPC5748G in processor expert generated code.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between cores in MPC5748G in processor expert generated code.

RajG
Contributor III

Is there any example code for communication between cores in MPC5748G in processor expert generated code.

I am using processor expert code for 3 different cores and I want to send data from core 1 to core 2 for processing. For example, I read CAN bus data from core 1 and I want it to send it to core 2 to take some actions

It would help me a lot if a small code for data exchange between different cores for MPC5748g in processor expert is available.

Thanks and regards,

RajG.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

MatthewCole
Contributor I

I have shared section of RAM that is used between the cores. The cores will never write to the same location of RAM at the same time but the both can try to read the same location of RAM at the same time. Also, one core can write to the location of RAM will the other core is reading. What would happen? Also do you have an example of how to use XBAR.

0 Kudos

RajG
Contributor III

Still waiting for reply from NXP team.... 
@petervlna 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

@RajG wrote:

Is there any example code for communication between cores in MPC5748G in processor expert generated code.

No, there is no such example code available. You will need to write it yourself.

I case of any further questions do not hesitate to ask me.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

RajG
Contributor III

@petervlna thanks for reply.

how to use this type of inter core communication, for example which API module to use, or how to declare variables in one core and use that same variables in different core.

thanks and regards,

RajG

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You have some general strategies described in general intercore communication in web (like giant steps). This is all SW dependent and it is customer responsibility. Unless you are using AUTOSAR OS which is not supporting dynamic task allocation.

Usually OS is used, so it is better to talk to OS owner how the task allocation is done in their OS.

From HW support you can use prioritization on buses like XBAR or AIPS.

and access permissions with SEMA4 unit and MPU (memory protection) unit.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos