Can't debug MPC5746R with PE and Trace32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't debug MPC5746R with PE and Trace32

rzhu
Contributor I

1. When I use PE MULTILINK_UNIVERSAL with last firmware to debug, there are message out: "The target may have enetered reset escalation" " ", "Error during flash programming. Termination debug session";

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

2. But I use trace32, it can be debugged. Also the trace32 can directly to debug core1. the bad news, when I debug core0, it reports the "reset target fail". So now I need to use core1 to download code and then change the core to core0 from menu, and next to reset core, the core0 can be debug.

Above all, I don't know why the PE can't debug the MPC5746R and Trace32 can't debug core0 directly.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

rzhu
Contributor I

Hi, Peter

1. About PE debug, we have used it to debug in another production, but the old production use MPC5745R, and now we use MPC5746R. Does there are "password" for MPC5746R, I have found another MPC57XX PE debug problem, Some answer say to use different "password" for different MASK. As our question, the MPC5746R and MPC5745R also have different MASK.

2. I know the RCHW configuration. and about Trace32 debug core 0 question, there are only core 0 and core 1 from PIR.

(In trace32 script, "DebugPort" can be set to 2 or more, but the PIR is only "1".

pastedImage_1.png

Now I use trace32 to debug core 0 by add more script to instead select menu operation.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Does there are "password" for MPC5746R, I have found another MPC57XX PE debug problem, Some answer say to use different "password" for different MASK. As our question, the MPC5746R and MPC5745R also have different MASK.

Password is required only if you have censored the micro. i do not know about any other passwords which can prevent you attach.

The issue is that with PE you are connecting to core in reset (not boot core) or you have micro in reset.

Check reset line before attaching with PE.

What does the PE debug script doing when you try to attach to micro.

I am not using PE, just guessing.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. When I use PE MULTILINK_UNIVERSAL with last firmware to debug, there are message out: "The target may have enetered reset escalation" " ", "Error during flash programming. Termination debug session";

Here I would say its question for PE support. Reset escalation in PE could be false indicator. Better to consult with them.

I guess the issue would be that PE is connecting to core which is in reset. Not to boot core.

2. But I use trace32, it can be debugged. Also the trace32 can directly to debug core1. the bad news, when I debug core0, it reports the "reset target fail". So now I need to use core1 to download code and then change the core to core0 from menu, and next to reset core, the core0 can be debug.

Above all, I don't know why the PE can't debug the MPC5746R and Trace32 can't debug core0 directly.

I am also using Lauterbach. By default it is:

pastedImage_5.png

If you want all cores active out of reset, you have to set it in RCHW. So what you see is correct. Out of reset is onlu core1 active (represented in Lauterbach as core 3. chip 1)

pastedImage_6.png

Please check your RCHW first.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos