CAN CRC Error Check

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN CRC Error Check

Bhuvaneshwaran_K
Contributor II

Does the Hardware(MPC5746C) has support to check & reject CAN frames if CRC error occurs?
Do we have the capability in the drivers to detect & reject CRC error?
Do we have any interface for CRC error notification?

Kindly help me with a response at the earliest as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hi @Bhuvaneshwaran_K 

Yes, the MPC5746C microcontroller has built-in support for checking and rejecting CAN frames with CRC errors. The FlexCAN module in the MPC5746C is responsible for handling the CRC error checking and rejection.

The FlexCAN module automatically checks the CRC of received frames and rejects any frames with CRC errors. If a CRC error is detected, the FlexCAN module sets the CRC error flag in the Error and Status Register (ESR1). You can monitor the ESR1 register to detect CRC errors.

Additionally, the FlexCAN module can generate an interrupt when a CRC error is detected. To enable this feature, you need to set the CRC Error Interrupt Enable bit in the Error and Status Register (ESR1). Once enabled, the FlexCAN module will generate an interrupt when a CRC error occurs, allowing you to handle the error in your application code.

Here is a code snippet to enable the CRC Error Interrupt:

/* Enable CRC Error Interrupt */ FLEXCAN0->ESR1 |= FLEXCAN_ESR1_CRCERRIE_MASK; 

For more information on the FlexCAN module and handling CRC errors, refer to the MPC5746C Reference Manual, specifically section 42.4.3 (Error and Status Register).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.