cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error (MPC5642A)

oznurcaliskan
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a problem that when I first import my source code file to CodeWarrior Dev. St., I clean the project and than build it. However, when I first build the project it stuck in the building process of "Building: MPC5642_init_flash.c". I know it stuck because I wait the process for long minutes to get done but it never does. The pop-up keep still like this:

the_error.png

I always need to "Cancel" the process and build again. And than it completes build process succesfully. 

So, it doesn't effect the final situation. But, I don't want to re-build all the time. Any suggestion, please? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This seems like some system error which is blocking the completion.

Did you tried reinstalling codewarrior?

@stanish Have you seen this issue before?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

oznurcaliskan
Contributor III
Hi Peter,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I tried reinstalling CodeWarrior but it did not work. Also, when I upload different source project I don't face this issue. I guess it relates to MPC5642A configurations made.
0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If this issue occurs for to specific project only, I'd suspect the project is either corrupted or a project settings has changed.

If I understand the issue correctly this problem occurs just once when you import the project into your workspace. Is that correct?

In which version of CodeWarrior was the project created and which CW version you use to import it?

If it does not help could you possibly post the build output console and the screenshot of output directory?

can you check the makefile and argument files are created in the output directory after first build?

ideally could you e.g. attach the simplified project with just few files to be able to reproduce the issue

I'd suggest you to first try to delete entire output directory and re-import the project.

Hope it helps

Stan

oznurcaliskan
Contributor III

Hi Stan,

Thank you for your help.

If I understand the issue correctly this problem occurs just once when you import the project into your workspace. Is that correct? --> Yes, it is true. When I try to build it again (for 2nd or 3rd time on&on) it gives no error. (no new import, only build) Only first import.

In which version of CodeWarrior was the project created and which CW version you use to import it? --> The project created on version 10.6 and I use the same version to import it.

If it does not help could you possibly post the build output console and the screenshot of output directory? -->

(It stuck on different source files this time.) First import and then tried to clean and build:

oznurcaliskan_0-1712144398585.png

Second import and then tried to clean and build:

oznurcaliskan_1-1712144541778.png

Succesfull import and build process with no error:

oznurcaliskan_2-1712144735769.png

Last try import again: 

oznurcaliskan_3-1712144977965.png

can you check the makefile and argument files are created in the output directory after first build? --> Yes, they are created.

oznurcaliskan_5-1712145118174.png

ideally could you e.g. attach the simplified project with just few files to be able to reproduce the issue --> Couldnt simplify the project to produce same error, sorry.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, it could be. Stanish is the expert here, so lets wait for his feedback.

Best regards,

Peter