cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUK7K52-60E IC is damaged

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor II

Hello NXP team,

I am using MPC5744P with the inverter board Dev-Kit MotorGD to spin a PMSM. the IC "BUK7K52-60E" that contains two mosfets on Dev-Kit MotorGD  has been burned twice in two different boards. In the first time, the IC is burnt just after starting the application but before the motor rotates. while the second time -is after some days of normal working- was even before starting the application. the power supply I used is limited by 5A and I took 12 V from it which are under the ratings of this IC so I wondered that it was damaged. Can touching the mosfets while connecting the supply causes such damage or what is the reason? I used this setup for some months uptill now and it works fine so the matter is not on the connection or used values however, this issue appeared recently and I don't understand the reason.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have asked motor control expert for feedback on your case.

I will update you ASAP.

Best regards,

Peter

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor II

Have you asked him?

Any response?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was checking it yesterday with guys responsible for SW:

but just to set the expectations - we have experts in tools development and embedded sw, so if this is a pure hardware issue it is not likely to find the root cause here.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor II

So, where can I find such hardware issues discussions and support for NXP products?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You simply submit a ticket at NXP.com

Please make so under your company email, as the customers are prioritized based on that.

Can touching the mosfets while connecting the supply causes such damage or what is the reason?

Of course. but you can measure them to verify if they are dead. In such case I will suspect static energy.

Well, I have no idea what you have done with the kit, with the SW. But we are testing every kit before shipping to ensure it works correctly.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos