cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso VS Code Import Repository Error

Jump to solution
jagararno
Contributor II

I'm trying to port an MCUXpresso Eclipse project to Visual Studio Code.
I followed all the instructions on the web site
For 'Location' I create an empty folder "C:\User\james\git\mcu_file"
For 'Repository' I select "MCUXpresso SDK"
Then all the files are cloned and everything looks good, but I get this message in the 'OUTPUT' console:
[error] C
ould not read settings from mcuxpresso-tools.json for project "c:\Users\james\git"
I appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jagararno
Contributor II

Thanks for your help, Christian.

I've decided to continue with the Eclipse-based MCUXpresso until January, then I'll try again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DragosMiloiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @jagararno,

After the conversion is complete, if you go to "c:\Users\james\git\.vscode", do you have a mcuxpresso-tools.json file? If you do, could you please attach it here?

Thanks,

Dragos.

0 Kudos
jagararno
Contributor II

The only file in C:\Users\james\git\.vscode is settings.json, which contains a single entry:

{
"git.ignoreLimitWarning": true
}

0 Kudos
DragosMiloiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please try to convert the project again from MCUXpresso IDE to VS Code and see if there is any error/warning logged in MCUXpresso for VS Code console after the conversion?

DragosMiloiu_0-1693491526061.png

Thanks,

Dragos.

0 Kudos
jagararno
Contributor II

Thank you for looking into this problem.

I have attached the entire "Import Project" sequence with the OUTPUT content.

0 Kudos
cristiantepus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

It is possible to generate a simple project in MCUXpresso IDE that produces this conversion error and you can send us to reproduce? or some instructions how to generate such a project that generates the error on conversion?

If none of the above possible:

- what NXP device is the project intended for?

- is this project an MCUXpresso IDE managed project, having linker files generated by IDE (so not a pure makefile project type but a project that was originally created using the MCUXpresso wizard/importer)? 

- is this linked to an MCUXpresso SDK? which one (its name, including version)?

- do you use in your project files that are not on your current disk (i.e. remote locations, another drive, ...)?

- is it a single project or it has some other linked projects (example: multicore, trustzone, linked library, ...)?

Regards,

Cristian

0 Kudos
jagararno
Contributor II

Thanks for your help, Christian.

I've decided to continue with the Eclipse-based MCUXpresso until January, then I'll try again.

0 Kudos