SEC Tool v7 write image script points to improper installation bin for different scripts.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEC Tool v7 write image script points to improper installation bin for different scripts.

Jump to solution
george_iyo
Contributor II

We identified a potential bug with the generation of write_image scripts for SEC tool v7.

The installation directory for SEC Tool v7 varies on host computer. For Windows, it is:

export "SPT_INSTALL_BIN=C:/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v7/bin"

For Mac/Linux, it is:
 export "SPT_INSTALL_BIN=/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v7/bin"

When using SEC Tool v7 on Linux, all install bin directories point to opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v7/bin regardless of if the write_image is a windows batch script file. The same holds true when using the SEC Tool v7 on a Windows machine, but instead to C:/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v7/bin for the .sh scripts

Because of the differences in installation directory, creating a manufacturing package is not cross-compatible unless the specified line in the  write script is changed to point to the appropriate installation directory for the host OS. We're hoping this gets addressed in the next version update so that our team can generate manufacturing packages independent of host operating system.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

I double check your use case and I confirm the bug. It is expected the tool will define SEC_INSTALL_BIN environment variable in manufacturing mode but it does not define it in version 7 nor in version 6. We will fix this for next version.

Sorry for inconvenience. As a workaround, you must update the environment variable in the write script manually.

Regards,
Marek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

thank you for the feedback. Actually, from your description, it is not clear, what exactly are you proposing.

The usage of the workspace or write script on different machine is described in user guide, chapter 5.1.4.2. Basically you must define your custom environment variable to use the script on different machine. This is also what SEC tool v7 does in manufacturing workspace.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos
george_iyo
Contributor II

Hi Marek,

I read the user chapter that you described. Perhaps the issue then is when we generated a manufacturing package in Linux, and used the manufacturing package on Windows, it was unable to change ${SPT_INSTALL_BIN} to route the installation directory to the right location on the windows machine. When running the manufacturing tool in Windows, it would complain that it could not find directory '/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v7/bin'

0 Kudos
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi George,

I double check your use case and I confirm the bug. It is expected the tool will define SEC_INSTALL_BIN environment variable in manufacturing mode but it does not define it in version 7 nor in version 6. We will fix this for next version.

Sorry for inconvenience. As a workaround, you must update the environment variable in the write script manually.

Regards,
Marek