cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning v6 silently fails to start on Ubuntu 20.04

Jump to solution
pd2000
Contributor I

Trying to install and run MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning v6 on Ubuntu 20.04 but I am running into a problem.  The install works without issue but when I try to start it by clicking on the App Icon nothing happens.  I did not have this problem with MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning v5.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

I'm sorry for my previous false statement - I accidentally used Linux box that was initially Ubuntu 20.04, but later on upgraded to 22.04; I tried another Linux box with 20.04 and it is as you report - GLIBC for Ubuntu 20.04 is 2.31.

It is not generally recommended to upgrade the (g)libc library, because many things might go wrong.

For using SEC v6 you have to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 or theoretically play with the docker, but such scenario is neither tested nor documented.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

you could try to run `securep` with `-v` option. The option will open the tool in verbose mode and detailed problem messages will be displayed in terminal.

- open terminal

- go to `/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v6/bin`

- run `./securep -v`

We appreciate if you share more details about the problem so we can improve the user experience for next release.

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos
pd2000
Contributor I

Looks like I am missing GLIBC_2.35

my-snap@mysnap-VirtualBox:/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v6/bin$ ./securep -v
[5371] Error loading Python lib '/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v6/bin/libpython3.10.so.1.0': dlopen: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v6/bin/libpython3.10.so.1.0)

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

I'm sorry for my previous false statement - I accidentally used Linux box that was initially Ubuntu 20.04, but later on upgraded to 22.04; I tried another Linux box with 20.04 and it is as you report - GLIBC for Ubuntu 20.04 is 2.31.

It is not generally recommended to upgrade the (g)libc library, because many things might go wrong.

For using SEC v6 you have to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 or theoretically play with the docker, but such scenario is neither tested nor documented.

Regards,

Libor

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phillip,

first please note that Secure Provisioning v6 is tested on Ubuntu 22.04, as stated in the ReleaseNotes.txt, section System requirements:

- One of the following Host Operating systems:
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10 (64-bit)
- Mac OS 12.4 Monterey
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 bit, with "OpenSSL 1.1.1f 31 Mar 2020"; GNOME recommended

Second, it works for me even on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as you require. It might be some issue in your workspace, if you already have Secure Provisioning installed. Anyway, troubleshooting can be done if you execute the tool in the Terminal, so we can see some error messages that might lead to the root cause:

/opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v6/bin/securep

There might be some missing package in the Linux box.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos