Where can I find the code for the second stage boot example in app note AN12327 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the code for the second stage boot example in app note AN12327 ?

Jump to solution
andrewfisher
Contributor III

Hello,

I am currently aiming to write a second stage boot loader ultimately for the LPC55s28. I wish to implement firmware update as drag and drop to a  USB mass storage device - similar to the way MBED devices work. I have external eMMC FLASH where I can hold the image prior to FLASHing

I was hoping to base this on the example given in the app note AN12327. I realise this is for the LPC55S69 but the parts are very similar so am hoping to port it as a starting point. However, I cannot find the code referred to in the SDK for either of these parts.

Please can someone tell me where I can find the example code referred to in the app note.

• \boards\lpcxpresso55s69\dual_sbl\lpc55xx_dsbl
  • \boards\lpcxpresso55s69\dual_sbl\ lpc55xx_dsbl_app

If this is not the right place to start then I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction.

(I already have the mass storage part working. The parts I am missing are how to prepare images with the correct headers and how to program the FLASH - presumably whilst running from code copied to RAM)

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please download AN12327SW from here

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12327SW.zip

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

nxp-obrist
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to implement a second stage bootloader to boot an image stored on an SD card which is connected over the SPI interface to the LPC55S16-EVK.

For this I am studying the document AN12327.
Under point 3.2.2 on page 9 it says open, compile and load the project lpc55xx_dsbl.
So I am working with the MCUXpresso IDE and I tried to import this project there. But I am not able to import it properly. Could you give me a hint how to import it in the MCUXpresso IDE or how to flash my LPC55S16-EVK board with this example project over the elftosb tool?

best regards,

Corsin Obrist

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI nxp-obrist

This thread was closed. please create a new thread for your question. NXP support team will help you.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
andrewfisher
Contributor III

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos