cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9090 Advertising, scanning and pairing

Ajay1202
Contributor II

Hope you are doing well.

I am new to the BLE and QN9090. I want to advertise, scan and pair between two qn9090. I don't know how to start. Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

AjayK

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cha1911
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a problem, in fact i have two tags which communicate with an initiator" they have the same reference of shield(QN9090,SR040)". Also, i have to make a communication between these two tags with my pc to transfer the data "which is the result of calculation between the initiator and the two tags" via BLE" advertising".

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

0 Kudos

Ajay1202
Contributor II

Hi @giraffe508 

I installed mcu xpresso and import SDK project in it, but unable to find ble_peripheral and ble_central examples, Could you please tell me in which example can I find?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Hi @Ajay1202 

Welcome to the world of BLE and QN9090! To get started with advertising, scanning, and pairing between two QN9090 devices, you can follow these steps:

1. First, you will need to download and install the MCUXpresso SDK for QN9090.
  2. Once you have the SDK installed, you can find several example projects that demonstrate BLE functionality. For your specific use case, you can refer to the 'wireless_examples_bluetooth' folder within the SDK.
  3. For advertising and scanning, you can use the 'ble_peripheral' and 'ble_central' examples. The 'ble_peripheral' example demonstrates how to set up a QN9090 device as a BLE peripheral that advertises its presence. The 'ble_central' example demonstrates how to set up another QN9090 device as a BLE central that scans for nearby BLE peripherals and connects to them.
  4. For pairing, you can refer to the 'ble_secure_peripheral' and 'ble_secure_central' examples. These examples demonstrate how to set up secure connections between two QN9090 devices using pairing and bonding.
  5. Import the example projects into your MCUXpresso IDE and build them. Then, flash the corresponding examples onto your two QN9090 devices (one as peripheral and the other as central).
  6. Once the devices are programmed, you can use a terminal application (e.g., Tera Term) to interact with the devices and observe the advertising, scanning, and pairing processes.

By following these steps and referring to the example projects, you should be able to achieve advertising, scanning, and pairing between your two QN9090 devices. You can also refer to the QN9090/30 Bluetooth Low Energy User Guide for more information on BLE functionality and the SDK examples.

Good luck with your project, and feel free to ask any further questions!