Problems with OpenThread DEMO for IOTZTB-DK006 Development Kit Boards (Linux Virtual Machine)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with OpenThread DEMO for IOTZTB-DK006 Development Kit Boards (Linux Virtual Machine)

IoTcoder
Contributor I

Hi everyone.

I have problems using OpenThread environment on my Virtual Machine hosted on Windows OS computer.

I followed “MCUXpresso IDE Installation Guide” for doing the steps, available at this link: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=79f4da402e6a7c43JmltdHM9MTY4MzA3MjAwMCZpZ3VpZD0yOTIwZGQwYS04ZjkxLTY1N...

For using OpenThread examples, I followed this:

openthread/ot-nxp: OpenThread on NXP examples. (github.com)

OpenThread environment is suited to be run on a Linux-based OS, so I used a VM on my Windows PC, I chose Oracle VM, following Linux OS steps in the guide.

It is said in the guide:

“It is possible to install the MCUXpresso IDE within a virtual machine (VM) environment. Generally such installations cause few issues. Due to the nature of VMs, the most likely problems relate to sharing of resources (USB, memory).

In the unlikely event that you experience issues, we welcome reports, but due to the nature of VM operation we can offer no guarantee of resolution. “

Maybe my problems are related to this, but I try to explain the situation.

Then, I opened the virtual machine software and clicked on "New" to create a new virtual machine.

I followed the prompts to set up the virtual machine, including specifying the operating system I wanted to install and setting up virtual hardware like RAM, hard disk space, and CPU. I analyzed the resources while the VM was running, and they were used in a little part, so the problem couldn’t be that.

Once the virtual machine was set up, I inserted the Linux ISO, ubuntu-22.04.2-desktop-amd64. For using MCUXpresso IDE I have to install Ubuntu 20.04 version or greater.

I started the virtual machine and installed Linux on the VM.

Until now, everything was ok.

I downloaded and installed MCUXpresso IDE, it works.

I have imported the OpenThread git,nothing wrong.

The problems are differents, because I have restarted many time a new VM to reset and see what works and what not:

1 Setting up execution bash with the Terminal.

$ cd <path-to-ot-nxp>

$ export NXP_K32W0_SDK_ROOT=/path/to/previously/downloaded/SDK

$ ./script/build_k32w061

It is said that it has a problem with line 32 contained in the “build_k32w061” script.

2 OpenThread SDK problem:

I installed an SDK (Software Development Kit) for my specific NXP microcontroller (I am using K32W061DK6). 

I downloaded the SDK from the NXP website or imported it from my local file system.

After I downloaded or imported the SDK, I created a new project by clicking on "File" -> "New" -> "MCUXpresso IDE Project". 

I selected the appropriate project type, named the project and selected the SDK I wanted to use, following all the steps from the guide. Then I followed all the steps described in the second link at the beginning of this text.

Next, I connected my NXP microcontroller to my computer using a programming/debugging interface, but it doesn’t see the debugging.

I have 3 boards, same error with all of them.

It is said in the guide to “Download K32W061 SDK 2.6.6.” I can’t choose the SDK’s version from the SDK Builder | MCUXpresso SDK Builder (nxp.com)

Maybe the problem is related to that?

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I apologize for a late reply. Could you please help me following this ot-nxp/README.md?

Also, please be sure to use this repo: GitHub - NXP/ot-nxp: OpenThread on NXP examples.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos