MCUXpresso SDK for K20DX256xxx7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK for K20DX256xxx7?

bbartley
Contributor II

When I use the SDK builder, the pull-down labeled "Select a Device, Board, or Kit" only lists the xxx10 varieties of the K20DX256, but I'm using the ...VMC7 and ...VLH7. These parts/packages are listed as "Active" on the NXP website. So how can I get SDK support for them?

Many thanks.

5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brad:

Unfortunately MK20DX256VLH7 is not supported in MCUXpresso SDK. There is no guider or work around to port it from an existing SDK. 

If you use the other similar SDK to run the specified chips, it is possibly that you may encounter issues because there maybe difference between IPs IN 100M and 72M. And NXP support can't help on this.

You can download the bare metal code examples from below link

TWR-K20D72M|Tower System Board|Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

Or you can use Classic MQX 4.2 (free) , TWR-K20D72M is supported.

Regards

Daniel

bbartley
Contributor II

Ok. Forgive my ignorance here, but will I be able to build for the MK20DX...7  bare-metal style within MCUXpresso? (So that at least the tool chain will be up to date.)

Thanks again,
Brad

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brad:

The existing bare-metal style project  not support MCUXpresso IDE now.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

bbartley
Contributor II

Ok. Can I ask a more general question then? (Or can you refer me to the proper place for this question?) Given that the MCU I need to work with is already chosen, what tool chain and libraries or templates should I be using? (I need to manipulate GPIOs, drive SPI and I2C, and implement a USB device, likely something simple like CDC.)

Thanks,

Brad

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brad:

Sorry I lost track of this thread.

As far as I know. MQX 4.2 can meet your requirements. Please download MQX 4.2 from below link.

MQX™ Software Solutions - Releases and Patches|NXP 

The supported tool chain includes IAR, code warriror, and Keil

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos