IMX8MP Cortex M7 FreeRTOS FlexCAN Driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MP Cortex M7 FreeRTOS FlexCAN Driver

daharingwitekio
Contributor III

I'm currently working on a project using the IMX8MP (with the Cortex-M7), specifically, the processor is MIMX8ML8CVNKZ. I need to use FlexCAN in FreeRTOS and I see that there is a bare metal driver (and examples) but there is no FreeRTOS/CMSIS driver in the SDK (as of the latest version v2.13.0). Are there any patches or notes (or even already ported FlexCAN drivers) that I could use? If not, could you point me in the right direction for porting the FlexCAN driver for FreeRTOS?

I did see another post with a similar question on the forum from 4 years ago where NXP said it's on their roadmap to add but there's been no update since: https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/FlexCAN-FreeRTOS-Driver/m-p/857383/highlight/true#M1217

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @daharingwitekio 

It can be ported from other platforms. For example, there is a flex_can driver in the SDK package of i.MX RT1170. It should be a faster way to try to use it on the i.MX8MP SDK. After consulting the R&D team, so far, they have no plan to add it to the SDK release.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

daharingwitekio
Contributor III

When you say there's a flexcan driver for i.MX RT1170, do you mean there's a bare metal one or a freertos one (I don't need a bare metal one as the i.MX8M P already has bare metal flexcan drivers)? I downloaded a few SDK's for the RT1170 but didn't see any freertos flexcan drivers. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot? Could you point me to the specific rt1170 processor I should download the SDK for to find sample flexcan freertos drivers?

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no FlexCAN driver for FreeRTOS for now. I have consulted with R&D, if you need to add FlexCAN driver in SDK for FreeRTOS, you may need to make a request to marketing, then R&D will add it.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos