How to add connectivity software to MCUxpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add connectivity software to MCUxpresso

felixheimes
Contributor II

I got the Connectivity software (it is an exe file not a SDK zip file) and following the instructions in Thread Demo Stack Applications Guide but can not figure out how to get the example projects loaded.

After running the exe you might think that the examples would be added to the MCUxpresso IDE, but they are not.

The instructions talk about Opening a Workspace.  The instructions are not clear.  I tried and it failed.  What am I doing wrong here?  See first attachment.

I also tried importing a work space as shown in second attachment.  I followed what is shown in the instructions.  This did not work.  See attachment 2.

I also did "import projects from file system".  This seemed to work, but the workspace shows files that were not created.  See attachment 3.

Please provide better instructions on how to go from running the "Kinetis MKW2xD and MCR20A Conenctivity Software" executable to compiling an example project.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Felix Heimes,

From the "Kinetis SDK Release Notes MKW24D5_v2.0.0.pdf", I'm afraid it doesn't support MCUXpresso IDE:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos