EVK-MIMX8MP - Missing or malformed flash loader specification file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVK-MIMX8MP - Missing or malformed flash loader specification file

Wyn_Wyn
Contributor I

I am working on EVK-MIMX8MP board. Downloaded the SDK build for it. Now trying to build a "hello world" application on M7 core for this board using IAR IDE. 

I followed the instruction guide on the "Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for EVK-MIMX8MP" under the section 4 "Run a demo application using IAR". Once i reached the download and debug stage, my IAR IDE prompt me this - Missing or malformed flash loader specification file:C\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 9.1\arm/config/flashloader/

Not sure why this happens. I also did the iar segger support patch as stated in the instruction too. Any ways to resolve this issue? My IAR IDE workbench version is 9.30.1

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This seems more like an IAR issue, please try the following:
go to Project->Option->Debugger->Download - uncheck the checkbox "Override default.board file"

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

Wyn_Wyn
Contributor I

Hi! Aldo,

This method you mentioned we had tried before posting this issue on this forum.  Apparently, the default setting under Project->Option->Debugger->Download - the checkbox "Override default.board file" is already "unchecked" in the first place. We also tried checking onto the checkbox to see if it works. Turns out checking and unchecking of the checkbox "Override default.board file" doesn't work at all

Not sure if there are other methods to go about this. Just trying to conduct a simple run of "Hello World" application example on the M7 core, i am already facing such technical issues. Hopefully there are other methods you propose, or others propose can work.

Regards,

Wyn

0 Kudos