"Attach to running host debug" returns address only

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Attach to running host debug" returns address only

tae_kim
Contributor I

Using RT1050 board, I flashed a project into it directly using MCUBootUtility (Xip bin). The project is working fine but when I try to debug through PE micro Jtag, I can attach the debug sessions to the board and control resume and pause but when paused, it gives "Break at address "0x60026926" with no debug information available, or outside of program code." The address changes as I access different GUI elements / different tasks running in the background. How do i translate the address so that it points to the actual code?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

At first glance, the behavior you describe might indicate missing debug symbols in GDB. You can easily verify whether debug symbols are loaded, by inspecting the "attach" debug configuration you use. You should have the "Load symbols" checkbox ticked under the Startup tab. Moreover, the "gdb traces" console must contain the "symbol-file" command. Note that you'll need the elf/axf file with unstripped debug symbols.

One other thing you can check is that the code from your elf file is placed in flash (e.g. 0x600xxxxx). Use Image Info view to analyze the elf or manually disassemble it and then double-check the location of .text section.

If the above suggestions won't help you solve the problem, it would be helpful if you could attach the GDB traces log.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos