cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing MCUExpresso IDE under openSuSE

Jump to solution
ve3id
Contributor III

I made the tactical error of upgrading mcuexpressoide from 11.8.1 to 11.9.0  in the middle of a project, hoping it would resolve some minor issues.

I know the deb.bin file is for debian-based systems, but it has been installing fine on my openSuSE Leap 15.3 and 15.4 for a year or two now, since ide  11.5 in fact.

So I downloaded the update and installed it, replacing 11.8.1.  At first it worked no problem, but after a reboot, it cannot find the binary.  Nor can I find it manually.

So I tried installing again (11.9.0 over 11.9.0) and 1) it failed to find libc6, which I expect since it should use glibc, and dozens of dependencies not met. That should only affect jlink, which I do not use.

I can't understand how 11.5 and 11.8 could have loaded fine (and let me get thousands of lines into my project) and not now.  I reasoned that there must be a symlink missing, but no idea what or where!

Has anybody else experienced this?

Any help really appreciated.

cheers,

Nigel Johnson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ve3id
Contributor III

Solved!  After installing an upgrade to openSuSE Linux Leap 15.5 and doing the 781 updates, I was hoping that an appropriate path or link was re-set, still Nothing.  Then I installed the full generic Eclipse C development system.  Ran it again, and it did install the files but no menu entry, but that was easy to fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ve3id
Contributor III

Solved!  After installing an upgrade to openSuSE Linux Leap 15.5 and doing the 781 updates, I was hoping that an appropriate path or link was re-set, still Nothing.  Then I installed the full generic Eclipse C development system.  Ran it again, and it did install the files but no menu entry, but that was easy to fix.

0 Kudos
ve3id
Contributor III

I should add that I went back and tried to re-install 11.8 with the same errors 

0 Kudos