error while trying to download the code to imxrt1052 using quad spi. how to fix this issue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while trying to download the code to imxrt1052 using quad spi. how to fix this issue?

vinyas
Contributor I

No source available for "(gdb[2].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[2].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

let us know the which flash driver need to use?

0 Kudos
13 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vinyas ,

Is your board a new customer board? Does your board has a uart or a usb interface which can be used as serial download mode port? If yes, you can use NXP_MCUBootUtility to connect your board and use it to download your application first.

You can download it from here. https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility

Regards,

Jing

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

hey jingpan

thank you for your response

i am using MIMXRT1050DVL5B EVK board and also MIMXRT1052CVJ5B custom board. and trying to load the code to flash for both device's. but i am getting the bellow in console

"Executed Set Restart On Close=0

[ MCUXpresso Semi hosting Telnet console for 'atvs_evk1050_project J Link Debug' started on port 57645 @ 127.0.0.1]

SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V7.60b - Terminal output channel"

and downloading will terminated with shows memory address [attached the image]. 

Screenshot 2022-05-23 184535.jpg 

please help me fix this.

anyway i downloaded the all files from the link which you shared. and i will try those steps mentioned in that. and 
if you know any link for flash driver for QSPI for MIMXRT1052CVJ5B controller please let me know.

thank you.

regards,

Vinyas

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vinyas ,

On EVKB, default flash is the hyperflash. So, if you didn't modify hardware connection, please use hyperflash algorithm.

If you have modify hardware, please check if you have switch to "internal boot mode".

The address 0x20f260 is for ROM bootloader. That means the mcu doesn't jump to your application code. If above two point is not the case, please check your application's IVT according to section 9.7.1 in reference manual and AN12108/AN12107.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

hi @jingpan

vinyas_0-1653386529435.png

as shown in the above image C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\Devices\NXP\iMXRT105x folder should have NXP_iMXRT105x_HyperFlash.elf file and NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf file.

but in my system, C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\Devices\NXP\iMXRT105x folder instead of having two .elf files, it have only NXP_iMXRT105x_HyperFlash.elf file and doesn't have NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf file. and i searched & tried to download NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf file from other resources but i couldn't able to found it.

can you please let me know how to get NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf file?

regards,

Vinyas

0 Kudos

longxing
Contributor III

Hi 

do you fix your problem?I got the same problem as your even that I already configure the proper QSPI algorithem .

Best regards.

0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

Hi @longxing 

thank you for your response.

problem not resolved yet!. hardware changes are made as per the design datasheet for the quad spi [MIMXRT1052 custom board].

i doubt on configurations which i made. anyway i will share my config file. when you free please check the config file whether configurations is right or wrong and let me know. thank you.

regards,

vinyas

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vinyas ,

Yes, Segger made some change on its download method in new version of Jlink driver. If you want the QSPI algorithm, you have to download old version, for example v6.44.

Or you can use this one https://github.com/JayHeng/RT-UFL.

It support all RT device and all QSPI flash.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

Hi @jingpan 

thanks for your response

i did not get file in the https://github.com/JayHeng/RT-UFL. 

can you pls let me know which file it is in the above link.

regards,

vinyas

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vinyas ,

You can refer to this post.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT600-MCUXpresso-JLINK-debug-QSPI-flash/ta-p/134...

RT-UFL is a very useful tool.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

hi @jingpan 

i tried to download the "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_qspi_if_crc.bin" file i could not get from any source. can you please help me to get this file?

regards,

vinyas

0 Kudos

vinyas
Contributor I

hey @jingpan 

i downloaded the "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_qspi_if_crc.bin" file and copied it to the EVKB in MAINTENACE.

then i tried to load the code to flash device (part no IS25WP064AJBLE) using QSPI. and it done & able execute the code.(1.8V supply)

BUT,,

here for customer board we used WINBOND flash device (part no W25Q64JVSSIM TR). (3.3V supply)

code was downloading (we can see in flash area) but we cant able to debug it. it shows 0xdeadbeee mem location when we try to debug. 

pls help us to fix this issue 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vinyas ,

We do not have special version for Winbond. You have to modify the code by yourself. The source code is at https://github.com/ARMmbed/DAPLink.

But maybe you can try to set W25Q64JVSSIM's QE bit first, for example by MCUBootUtilies. Because Winbond and ISSI has QE bit in different position. If the QE bit doesn't set correctly, flash can't support 4-bit XIP, only one bit read and write. After that, I guess Winbond can also drag & drop & run normally with k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_qspi_if_crc.bin.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos