command line options to open file on line

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line options to open file on line

funbotix
Contributor I

I'm looking for a way to cause the currently opened instance of MCUXpresso to open a file at a specified line. Search tools like grepWin have editor configurations to support executing a command line when a search result is double-clicked. For example, here's the options to do that using Notepad++.

C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe %path% -n%line%

I don't see relevant command line options in the MCUXpresso IDE help feature. Can someone point me to where relevant MCUXpresso command line options are documented?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V
0 Kudos

funbotix
Contributor I

Thanks, but unfortunately your suggestion didn't work for me. Perhaps it's due to something in MCUXpresso. Your suggestion resulted in attempting to open another instance of MCUXpresso, which failed because the associated workspace was already in use by the prior instance of MCUXpresso.

These are the command lines I tried (for grepWin) (ensuring the IDE was closed first).

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\mcuxpressoide.exe -name Eclipse --launcher.openFile %file%:%line%

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\mcuxpressoide.exe -name mcuxpressoide --launcher.openFile %file%:%line%

While they both opened the IDE, neither opened a file in the IDE.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Yes, I faced the same thing. I'm not sure why it does not work as expected. Some posts in the internet somehow suggest to add a custom entry point, but not sure why this would be needed.

0 Kudos