Submodules not showing in Git Repositories view

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submodules not showing in Git Repositories view

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'm running MCUX v11.9.0. I've been able to successfully add git submodules and I can use the Git Staging view to push changes, but in the Git Repositories view the Submodules item is empty and I can't update my submodules from the IDE. It does work from the command line.

I see references online to a bug of this description being fixed in Eclipse several years ago. Is MCUX's Eclipse missing those fixes, is this a different but, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Here's an illustration of the problem:

scottm_0-1712112805089.png

This project has two submodules - one called hyperion-web, located in /hyperion-web, and the other called net-module, located in source/net. As you can see, the Git Repositories view shows the hyperion-web submodule but not the net-module submodule. From the left pane you can see that it does recognize it as a submodule, though. Additionally I'm able to check in changes from the Git Staging view. I'm just not able to sync changes using the Git Repository view - I have to go to the command line to do it.

I couldn't tell you how to reproduce it. Two other projects that have net-module in the same relative location are showing the submodule just fine.

Scott

0 Kudos

AdrianOltean
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've just done some quick tests as well and I'm able see the submodules...

I know that we're talking about a feature available in MCUXpresso IDE but we're actually bundling inside the product the non-modified (by NXP) EGit plugins [1]. Given that I'm currently unable to reproduce the problem on my side, I recommend you report the issue directly on GitHub. You certainly have more details about the issue than me.

Thanks,

Adrian

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-egit/egit-github

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @scottm 

"I see references online to a bug of this description being fixed in Eclipse several years ago"

Could you please tell the Eclipse version that have the bug?

And how about providing specific steps to reproduce the issue, I help to check on my side.Thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos