Multiple Instances of Target and IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Instances of Target and IDE

jeremyanderson
Contributor III

I want to run two different images of a FreeRTOS application on two target systems FRDM-MK66 from my Windows workstation.  I created two work spaces and launched one system, then connected a second target system and started a second instance of the IDE.  When I attempt to debug the second system, the first IDE is halted and the first target system falls under the control of the second IDE.  When I start to debug it asks me to select a debug probe and I've tried one, then the other with the same result.  I see in my device manager that two JLink CDC UART ports are created.  Is what I'm trying to do not supported or have I missed some detail?

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeremy,

- There is a method about debug two projects on  two boards in the same time ->  using the different

debug interface. For example one board use JLink, another use P&E  , I test on my side , it can work

well.

- When both using the Jlink debug method, sorry I don't know how to recognize the corresponding USB port.

There is a tutorial about debugging multiple boards  with J-link :

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/01/23/debug-multiple-boards-with-gdb-at-the-same-time/    

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------