cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration issue: Imported SDK (to MCUXpresso IDE 11.6.1) missing

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hello all,

after a full product install of the recently released MCUXpresso IDE to 11.6.1, I followed instructions in  MCUXpresso IDE Installation guide (page 5) to import an SDK from the previous version/installation (the SDK that I need for my existing project):

If you have installed additional plugins into your original IDE installation, then you can also import these. To do this, from your new installation select File -> Import -> Install -> From Existing Installation and point at the ide directory within your original IDE’s installation directory. 

My previous version/installation is MCUXpresso IDE 11.5.1. There, "Installed SDKs" window looks like this:

danielholala_0-1665397080334.png

However, it seems that the SDK was not properly imported into MCUXpresso IDE 11.6.1. 

Why is this? How do I get the SDK to get properly installed into the new version of the IDE?

My observations:

The SDK does not appear in "Installed SDKs" window. Actually, this window is empty as I only need this SDK and have not installed any other SDKs.

The SDK appears under "MCUXpresso Installation Details":

danielholala_1-1665397283866.png

The SDK appears under "Check for updates":

danielholala_0-1665398128761.png

I'm hesitant to update the SDK as this caused the IDE to crash in earlier version ( as I reported  here).

0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Workaround: "drag&drop" import

• To avoid conflicts, change the SDK Drag&Drop install location to "Workspace" (see Window -> Preferences and SDK Handling -> Installation)
  • Drag&Drop the SDK from "Installed SDKs" view of "old" IDE into the same window of the "new" IDE. 

Note: This will convert a plugin SDK to a filesystem SDK.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danielholala 

I'm glad you were able to find a workaround for your issue, if you experience something else, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Miguel.

0 Kudos

danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi  @Miguel04 ,

while I found a workaround for the problem, I still consider this is a bug. Therefore, I'd like to ask you to file an internal ticket to track this issue. Does that make sense to you?

BR
Daniel

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danielholala 

Thanks a lot for your contribution, I'll look into it and report the bug.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos