MCUXpresso 11.1.1 project for LPC810?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.1.1 project for LPC810?

aaronminner
Contributor III

I created a generic C project for an LPC810 chip - not an evaluation board or kit - using the Cortex M0+ architecture.  I included some CMSIS files that I'd found on github (https://github.com/microbuilder/LPC810_CodeBase/tree/master/src). After creating a simple LED blinker program and flashing it via FlashMagic, then a reset - removing the programming pin - it does nothing.

I noticed in the Problems tab that it says "Unused declaration of function 'main'" - see attachment - which doesn't sound like good thing, if C programs start from main().  I renamed main() to __main(), since redlib is enabled by default, and flashed the updated binary: no difference - it still doesn't operate as expected.

To confirm that the chip isn't broken, I flashed a binary that blinks pin P0.2 and that seems to work as expected, so the problem doesn't seem to be with my chip or FlashMagic.

I do have LPCXpresso 7.4 installed and could use that, but MCUXpresso should work, too, right?  Am I overlooking something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Just curious: why not using the Wizard in MCUXpresso to create the project for the LPC810?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

aaronminner
Contributor III

Erich - thanks for the reply.  Huh. My mistake. I assumed the older chips were "built in" to the MCUXpresso and didn't require a specific SDK. I've built the LPC810 SDK and installed it, so it now the project looks like the other board projects I have.

However, a new problem has arisen:

arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: LPC810_Project.axf section `.text' will not fit in region `PROGRAM_FLASH'

arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `PROGRAM_FLASH' overflowed by 828 bytes

From my understanding, the .axf file isn't actually loaded into the PROGRAM_FLASH section, anyway - the .hex file is - so why is this failing?

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Yes, only the code of the .axf is loaded, not all the rest. So basically what you have in the .hex file (in binary, not in text of course).

As for the link error: have a read at Tutorial: How to Optimize Code and RAM Size | MCU on Eclipse , this should help?

Erich

0 Kudos