已解决

MCU Xpresso blocks the MCU from free running

跳至解决方案
895 次查看
Catosh
Contributor IV

Long story short: 
when I debug, the MCU is able to run.
Then I terminate the debug session, remove the debugger probe, perform a power cycle and the MCU is not able to run. 
Is there some command to remove the debugging probe and terminate the debug session leaving the MCU in free running mode from MCU Xpresso?

B.R.

L.T.

1 解答
745 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which version of the IDE are you using?

Are you using semihosting calls (printf(), etc)? If so, then they can block the microcontroller if no debug probe is attached.

Erich

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 回复数
745 次查看
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The easiest way to "disable" semihosting printf's is to reconfigure your project to link against a "nohost" variant of the C library. For SDK based projects, you can also reconfigure output in many cases so it is sent over a UART rather than the debug probe.

But alternatively, MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 allows projects which contain a hard fault handler that can trap and "recover" from a semihosted operation taking place when the debugger is not connected.

For more information please see chapter 13, "C/C++ Library Support" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 项奖励
746 次查看
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which version of the IDE are you using?

Are you using semihosting calls (printf(), etc)? If so, then they can block the microcontroller if no debug probe is attached.

Erich

745 次查看
Catosh
Contributor IV

Hello Erich, 

Actually, yes. I 'll remove then and come back to the post!

#edit:

BTW is there some smart way to remove the semihosting calls, like undef from the preprocessor windows in settings menu?

0 项奖励