cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso824 MAX debug probe configuration

Jump to solution
mlp
Contributor I

Newbie question:  is the debug probe configured through the USB cable or some external connection?  I've configured the MCUXpresso IDE (board: LPCXpresso824 MAX) and debug says "No compatible probes available".  I thought that the IDE would see the debugger through the USB connection... if not, can someone point me to literature on how to configure?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You almost certainly need to install the "mbed serial port driver".  There is a link to this driver available in the IDE's Help -> Additional Resources menu.

The requirement for this driver is described in the board's user manual (available from LPCXpresso824-MAX Board for LPC82x family MCUs|NXP  ) and also mentioned in section 3.2, "LinkServer Debug Connections" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Hopefully once you have installed this, you should be up and running.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mlp
Contributor I

Thanks for your help... I was able to get the driver installed and everything then did work fine.  Since then, though, I've developed a different problem that I have put in a separate question.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

You may be interested to know that we recently released a new set of debug firmware and Windows 7 drivers for our boards that feature the LPC11U3x MCU as a debug probe, you can find detailed information on this document:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335453 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You almost certainly need to install the "mbed serial port driver".  There is a link to this driver available in the IDE's Help -> Additional Resources menu.

The requirement for this driver is described in the board's user manual (available from LPCXpresso824-MAX Board for LPC82x family MCUs|NXP  ) and also mentioned in section 3.2, "LinkServer Debug Connections" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Hopefully once you have installed this, you should be up and running.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support