cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69-EVK: After changing RAM size, build errors

adriaan-pelzer
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to change the RAM size in the hello_world_multicore examples (core 0 and core 1). I do this in "Properties -> C/C++ Build -> MCU Settings. I'm then changing the Size property for "Ram1" from 0x11000 to 0x12000. I do this for both cores, at they share Ram1.

When I build next, I get the following errors:

cannot find libcr_c.a (lpcxpresso55s69_hello_world_cm33_core1)
cannot find libcr_eabihelpers.a (lpcxpresso55s69_hello_world_cm33_core1)
cannot find libcr_nohost_nf.a (lpcxpresso55s69_hello_world_cm33_core1)

Does anyone know why these libs are only needed after changing the RAM size, and where can I find & include them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

adriaan-pelzer
Contributor I

Apologies - I uploaded these straight after you posted your reply, but only now noticed that my reply never really posted (only showed as posted in my local browser).

Here we go again - let's hope it works this time!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello adriaan-pelzer,

It exceed the space:

Alice_Yang_0-1632298874848.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

adriaan-pelzer
Contributor I

Here are the two linked projects (core0 and core1) after trying to increase the RAM. Also find the support info attached.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We’ve been able to reproduce the problem. Until we’ll have a fix in the product, please check the target architecture displayed on project settings (Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU C Compiler/Assembler/Linker -> Architecture) for the project that reports build errors (the project for the second core). If you see the core as being Cortex-M7, switch it to "Cortex-M33 (No DSP)" - and make sure you'll do this for all Architecture sections in Compiler/Linker/Assembler. Then recompile.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Would you please attach the two problematic projects? I've just quickly tried the same thing and I don't see any problem. Also, please attach support info (Help => MCUXpresso IDE Save Info for Support).

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos