How to use LPC55S69-EVK as debugging probe?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LPC55S69-EVK as debugging probe?

bburch
Contributor III

Hi!

I am trying to use this eval board as a debugging probe for an external prototype board.  I add the debugger jumper and the board shows up as a LPC-LINK2 DMSIS-DAP V5.182 in the probe search.  I can indeed use this to program the flash on the board.

What I cannot do is use this with the IDE as a debugging probe.  The only option that shows up when I try is for a J-Link device, there is no option for the LPC-LINK2 device in the "Supported Probes" panel.

What am I missing ??

Thanks so much!

-Ben Burch

BTR Controls Inc.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ben Burch

Please refer UM11158.pdf

4.4 Configuring the LPCXpresso55S69 to debug an off-board target
The LPCXpresso55S69 board’s Link2 Debug Probe may be used to debug an off-board target MCU. The on-board Link2 Debug Probe is capable of debugging target MCU’s with
a VDDIO range of 1.6V to 3.6V. To keep the on-board target LPC55Sxx MCU from interfering with the SWD interface, J5 must be fitted (note: the header for this jumper is not
installed during board production). The Link2 Debug Probe SWD should be connected by a ribbon cable between the P7 connector to the off-board target MCU SWD interface.
Power the LPCXpresso55S69 board from the Link USB connector P6, and fit jumper J3 across pins 2 - 3 (External Target).

I have tested, using LPCXpresso55s69 on board debug probe debug LPC4370, it works well. My connection is as below:

WeChat Image_20200103152154.jpg

IDE connection video is attached.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos