How do I properly uninstall old MCUXpresso versions on Linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I properly uninstall old MCUXpresso versions on Linux?

Jump to solution
mmalagon
Contributor II

I have two old MCUXpresso versions in my Linux machine (ubuntu based) that I want to uninstall but I don't know if there is a proper way of doing this besides just deleting their respective folders from /usr/local. By proper uninstalling, I mean some uninstaller script or mechanism similar to how you would uninstall MCUXpresso on Windows.

Is there a proper way or do I just delete their folders?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mmalagon,

I believe there will be similar process like described here: Solved: How to uninstall/remove older MCU SPT on Ubuntu? - NXP Community

Only play with the filter to see the mcuxpresso IDE.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mmalagon,

I believe there will be similar process like described here: Solved: How to uninstall/remove older MCU SPT on Ubuntu? - NXP Community

Only play with the filter to see the mcuxpresso IDE.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
mmalagon
Contributor II

@liborukropec Thanks for helping!!

That worked but only for the version pointed to by the soft links. I had MCUXpresso 11.2.0 and 11.4.0. Since I installed 11.4.0 after 11.2.0, then the mcuxpresso links were pointing to it and it was the only option showing with dpkg -l. So now I have a stray MCUXpresso installation that I don't know how to remove. But I think it is just a matter of removing the folder now that dpkg -r got rid of the installed version.

0 Kudos