FDRM KL25z not seen by GUI flash programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDRM KL25z not seen by GUI flash programmer

mrs9107
Contributor II

I'm attempting to program a KL25Z with MCUxpresso under Arch linux. I updated the open-sda bootloader according to instructions from PEmicro and the board is seen by my computer when I plug it in, but when I try to use the GUI flash programmer, no probes are found. I've seen other posts about needing to use a different bootloader but many of these questions are for Windows machines. Does the linkserver support these open sda boards straight away or will it need more work in order to flash the board?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

manuelzam
Contributor I

ZhangJennie I'm searching to get the same resuld of your video but always give me a bad resuld, may you help me please...I can't do anything for flashing my KL25z with MCUXpresso IDE. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What interface do you work with? Can you check it out in "Device Manager" window?

To identify if problem is because of the old associations, please try the connection with creating a NEW workspace and NEW project, see how the connection works?

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

manuelzam
Contributor I

What interface do you work with?

exactly what do you mean?

I didn't look anything wrong with de manger device window.

I'm traing to do work the FRDM-KL25Z board with the MCUXpresso IDE 10.0.2, so I did installed It and I did installed the custom SDK build right exactly for the FRDM-KL25Z board.

After that I load the "20140530_k20dx128_kl25z_if_opensda.s19" directly from the mbed web page to the micro controller as bottloader mode.

So after that, I generate a new project Importing an "SDK example" just using the GPIO_Blinking_LED example project for use as flashing test.

To identify if problem is because of the old associations, please try the connection with creating a NEW workspace and NEW project, see how the connection works?

I did so but It was keep showing the same mesage of before..."No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconected, not powerd, already in use or not compatible with this target"

So I guess that the problem may be is because the boot loader file is not for the IC of the board(MKL25Z128VLK4). May be the builder choose for another IC for the same board or I don´t know.

I'm still seraching to solve this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Att: Manuel Zambrano

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Manuel Zambrano,

I wonder your FRDM-KL25 debug firmware is not correct, please use attached Jlinnk OpenSDA firmware instead.

After you update the firmware, you will see it appear in device manager

pastedImage_1.png

then you create a NEW project in a NEW workspace, see how the connection works.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

manuelzam
Contributor I

Hi Zhang Jennie I did as toll me, but It didn't work. So I have traied do with different type of Bootloader firmware, but I'm still with the problem.

Sorry for disturb...I'll follow searching for a solution...thanks

Manuel Zambrano

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Matt.

You want to connect FRDM-KL25 with PE OpenSDA interface on Linux.

I use Windows7, there is no problem for me to do it from my side. Just for your reference.

First please check which debug interface do you work with ?   please check it in Device manager. for example, here is my FRDM-KL25 interface. I use P&E OpenSDA.

pastedImage_1.png

If your system can not well recognize the board, please download PemicroLinuxDrivers_2012_09_06.tar (for linux)for manual install from above link. (Optional, in the case windows can’t recognize the interface)

http://www.pemicro.com/Opensda/

after P&E OpenSDA well installing,  I suggest you:

1. remove current launch configurations in debug configuration to avoid old association.

2. relaunch debugger, it will force IDE check all the possible interface connections. then set connection.

see attached video for both of the points I am talking with.

I also attach the P&E OpenSDA firmware I am using.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There's no CMSIS-DAP probe I can see. As it turns out, another user posted a similar forum question to yours. Rather than repost the information here, I'll direct you to:

First Try with KL25Z and MCUXpresso

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After you plug the board into USB, capture the output from 'lsusb' and post it here. 

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support 

0 Kudos

mrs9107
Contributor II

Here you go:

➜  ~ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 138a:0090 Validity Sensors, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04f2:b5c1 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0a2b Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 020: ID 1357:0089 P&E Microcomputer Systems OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

before updating the bootloader, the message for the microcontroller was different but I didn't save it at the time.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's not clear the probe you've mentioned is a CMSIS-DAP or DAPLink probe. The GUI Flash programmer works with these, plus LPC-Link1, and FTDI via the LinkServer. P&E and SEGGER are not supported.

Thanks and regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

mrs9107
Contributor II

In my past experience with these boards in Keil, They were treated as CMSIS-DAP probes. I'm attempting to use the onboard debugger rather than an external unit. I'm not sure how to determine what type of probe it's set up as but from the user manual, the open-SDA port supports CMSIS-DAP.

Edit: I have a KL46z board available as well, and when plugged in to the openSDA port, it does not register as an MSD but will be seen by the GUI flash programmer as a CMSIS-DAP probe. I'm not sure if my board is malfunctioning or the bootloader is incorrect.

0 Kudos