cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling "Refresh SDK repository"

Jump to solution
stefanct
Contributor III

Is there any way to disable the auto-updating of the SDK repositories on Eclipse startup? I couldn't find anything in the settings and disabling Eclipse-wide autoupdate doesn't change anything in this regard either.

I am managing the SDK myself in git and the CPU load and network traffic is simply unnecessary and annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I asked the IDE department and I'm afraid the only option now is to use the red square button (on your picture) to stop when the SDK update is starting...we'll log a feature request for this preference.

Best regards,
Pavel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, I reviewed this link and maybe this could help you to convert your project standalone.

Transforming Eclipse Linked Projects into Standalone Projects | MCU on Eclipse

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
stefanct
Contributor III

I don't see how this is relevant exactly. I don't have any issues building with the SDK - neither with linked nor copied SDK files. I am talking about the background process that gets started when eclipse is started as shown in this screenshot:

stefanct_0-1710325481029.png

Are you implying that this is only because the SDK directory referenced in MCUXpresso IDE is a git repository?

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I asked the IDE department and I'm afraid the only option now is to use the red square button (on your picture) to stop when the SDK update is starting...we'll log a feature request for this preference.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
stefanct
Contributor III
thank you
0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, let me get more details from the team of IDE.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos