Controlling a BLDC motor with analog voltage and pulse feedback using Freedom K32L2B3 board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a BLDC motor with analog voltage and pulse feedback using Freedom K32L2B3 board

varsha
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to control a BLDC motor with analog voltage and pulse feedback. The analog voltage is being given to the motor through DAC in Freedom K32L2B3 board. I need to count the number of pulses (coming from hall sensor) per minute, for the motor rotation. If the no. of pulses exceeds a defined range for a particular speed, the analog output of the DAC must be adjusted to bring the motor to required speed. Anyone who has experience in this domain, kindly help with the code for pulse feedback part.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @varsha,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

NXP doesn't have that specific control technique you mention, and nothing related to motor control for the K32-L2 either.

In general, the control techniques that we handle are FOC for PMSM and BLDC, as well as 6-step commutation for BLDC.

What I can recommend is that you consult our catalog of solutions that have a development kit, software examples and their respective documentation:

For general purpose MCU:

MCUXpresso SDK for Motor Control

For Automotive MCU:

Automotive Motor Control Solutions

Hope it helps you. Please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos