cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso project name different than folder name

gabic
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a project that has a project name that is different from the folder name it is in, project name "myProject", folder where the files are "myFolder".

The project name (3rd line) in the .project file is the expected one "myProject".

All the time when I import the project it will use the folder name as the project name. 

Tried MCUXpresso versions 11.3, 11.4, 11.5

Any help on how could I rename just the project name?

I found this page https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/01/07/renaming-eclipse-cdt-projects/ but what I want is not described there

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @gabic ,

indeed, I can confirm that importing a project with different folder an project name is different between 11.4 and 11.5:

- Eclipse in 11.4 (or earlier) uses the .project name

- Eclipse in 11.5 uses the folder name

I tried this with both drag&drop and File > Import.

If you change the name in the project explorer (Rename, F2) in 11.5, I see it does change the folder name too (which I did not expect).

Not sure what is causing this, except some change in the Eclipse IDE?

Erich

0 Kudos

gabic
Contributor III

I first had this issue with 11.4 and with 11.5 I just checked if it is working, but not. I have colleagues that have the project name set correctly (proj name != folder name) and they have just 11.4 installed.

Can it be because of the multiple instances installed?

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hmm, you are right, I did not notice that (btw, I have both 11.4.1 and 11.5.0 installed, so this is not about having multiple installation).

If I import a project with different .project name vs folder, it shows up with the folder name (I did not notice that earlier, because most of the time my project names match with the folder name).

And if I do a rename in the IDE, it change the folder name plus the .cproject name.

Searching on this topic, I see that the above behaviour has been asked by many for Eclipse, so it seems that finally it has been changed/implemented. Personally, I would prefer the previous behaviour, but it seems I'm not alone here.

Not sure what could be done about it, I believe

Erich

0 Kudos

gabic
Contributor III

So my temporary fix to rename the mcu project to be the same as the folder name and update references in the .cproject file seems more and more as a final solution to this issue. Fortunately I am in a stage where I can do this without causing lots of issues.

Thanks Erich and your page is of a great help even for people who are doing this for years.