MCUXpresso cproject-file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso cproject-file

af1
Contributor II

I would like to generate a MCUXpresso project that I can debug from CMake. I use the CMake Eclipse Generator. However I cannot debug or create a debug configuration for that specific project. I tried to modify the .cproject file, but it seems only when I use the managed CDT build from Eclipse new debug configurations can be created. This is exactly what I dont want though because CMake should take over the job of generating the file for the build and not Eclipse CDT. My question is: is it true that in MCUXpresso only a CDT-managed project can work correctly? Or am I missing a configuration option in the .cproject file that allows me to create a new debug configuration?

Best,

Alessandro

0 Kudos
3 Replies

af1
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

I use the i.MX RT1060 Evaluation Kit and I try to create a Segger Jlink debug configuration. Its a Segger Jlink Base Compact. I get the following error while creating: 

2022-07-08 19_50_50-workspace - mimxrt1060_azure_iot-Debug@cmake-build-debug_mcuexp_[Source director.png

When I accept to migrate the launch configuration nothing happens. The launch configuration is still not usable by MCUXpresso.

Best,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I suggest reviewing the documentation, in the SDK there is a getting started.pdf see the chapters 10-19 maybe could help you.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1657316909825.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you tell me what kind of MCU you are using? is this a custom board or evaluation kit? in the case of EVK you are using the debugger on board or an external debugger? Could you tell me what kind of model of the external debugger you are using?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos