MCUXpresso - It's possible to expand Preinstalled MCUs list?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso - It's possible to expand Preinstalled MCUs list?

Jump to solution
marianovedovato
Contributor III

Hi everyone!
As the subject say, It's possible to expand Preinstalled MCUs list?

I would like to create a project from File--> New --> New C/C++ Project, and then choose from the list "Preinstalled MCUs" a MCU from Kinetis family, that's all. I would be very happy if I could create a project (no SDK) for MKE02Z64VQH4 MCU!

Thank you so much!

Mariano

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Mariano,

you could possibly extend an existing SDK and add your own MCU there. You would need to modify the manifest XML file and add the necessary files. But be warned that this is not something I see documented and requires expert knowledge.

An easier way would be if you take an existing project and change it to your needs. As for the MCU settings you would need to 'fake' them in the project. I would recommend that you use a J-Link to debug your project, as there you can specify any supported MCU.

Probably the easiest route is installing the Eclipse Embedded C/C++ plugins from the Marketplace:

ErichS_0-1626240644118.png

By default this uses the standard/external GNU ARM Toolchain, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/07/30/breathing-with-oxygen-diy-arm-cortex-m-cc-ide-and-toolchain-with...

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Mariano,

you could possibly extend an existing SDK and add your own MCU there. You would need to modify the manifest XML file and add the necessary files. But be warned that this is not something I see documented and requires expert knowledge.

An easier way would be if you take an existing project and change it to your needs. As for the MCU settings you would need to 'fake' them in the project. I would recommend that you use a J-Link to debug your project, as there you can specify any supported MCU.

Probably the easiest route is installing the Eclipse Embedded C/C++ plugins from the Marketplace:

ErichS_0-1626240644118.png

By default this uses the standard/external GNU ARM Toolchain, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/07/30/breathing-with-oxygen-diy-arm-cortex-m-cc-ide-and-toolchain-with...

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
marianovedovato
Contributor III

Thank you so much Erich, but it seems a bit complicated.

In fact, I don't want to extend the sdk MCU list, I wish to start a new project and only choose the MCU MKE02Z64VQH4, with generic M0+ project still I can't debug it (I have the freedom toolchain to flash it).

Thanks anyway!

BR

Mariano

0 Kudos